In level 2 Reiki we learn how to send Reiki distantly. It’s one of the new skills we pick up after learning the symbols and some peeps get stressed out over whether they are doing it right or not. The thing is, you can’t do Reiki wrong!
Quick Tips for Distant Reiki.
- Relax and get in the Reiki zone. Set your intentions. Draw the symbols. Some say you have to do the symbols in a certain order for it to be “right”…the thing is, do it your way. Find an order that works for you. Experiment during different sessions to see which one(s) you connect with the best and work from there. Also…don’t tell the hardcore traditional people, but you don’t need to be a Reiki 2 and have symbols to do distant Reiki.
- Use a stand-in: You can use your knee, a teddy bear, a picture of the person (or from the past that you want to heal), piece of paper with names/locations/intentions written on it, etc. My favorite stand-in is a crystal. Whatever calls to you, you can use. If you don’t want to use a stand-in that’s alright too, the stand-in helps you focus.
- Let the Reiki flow: You can imagine yourself connected to the person or timeframe by visualizing a cord of pure white light acting like an electric cord full of Reiki. Or maybe you want to visualize a bridge of Reiki symbols sending out the Reiki to where it needs to go. If you don’t need to visualize, that’s totally fine too, you do what works for you.
- Get out of the way of Reiki: You know what that means. Don’t place your own requirements for the healing, just let Reiki do its job.
- Be present and know that Reiki is doing what it’s gonna do for the highest and greatest good of all involved.
- Don’t get attached to the end result. Whatever happens was meant to happen.
- Don’t let yourself get burnt out. You can always say no to a request.
What does it look like all together? Get in your zone. Set your intentions. Maybe work with a stand-in. Let Reiki flow.
Biggest tip for distant or any Reiki session is to not make it complicated 😉
Need help keeping things simple? Check out this post. Want more juicy bits about distant Reiki? Check out this post on different surrogates to try out. Maybe you wanna play with crystals too? Here’s what’s inside my distant Reiki crystal toolbox. Oh and this post on the most effective crystal for distant Reiki.
Do you have quick tips for distant Reiki you’d like to share? Leave a comment!