This post actually stemmed from the post about the best crystal to add to the effectiveness of distant Reiki. I decided that what I had to say was a lot more than one post could handle. Inside that post I tell you that my choice is probably not going to be the same as yours because everyone is different. Well, in this post I’m gonna tell you what exactly is inside my distant Reiki crystal toolbox, why, how I use it, and how to create your own distant Reiki crystal toolbox.
My personal distant Reiki crystal toolbox includes: clear quartz, rose quartz, and selenite.
Yep, that’s it. I’m pretty simple when it comes to distant Reiki and using crystals. Because here’s the thing, you do not need anything in your distant Reiki toolbox other than your hands and intention, but crystals make it more fun.
If you read the last post you already knew clear quartz was gonna be in the toolbox. This one is in the toolbox mostly because I have a chunk that fits perfectly in my hand and is my all time favorite piece to use with distant Reiki. Well, that and quartz is a good energy amplifier (that’s why I have two different quartz in my toolbox), I like it, and it works for me. It’s got good jujus, just be sure to clear the energies between each distant session just so that it keeps up with its happy energies.
Everyone can use some more love energies and rose quartz is seriously the stone of love. I love using this one in my distant Reiki toolkit because of the loving energies. It also has a soothing calm energy that helps relax everyone into the session even more.
How I use these crystals in a distant Reiki session
It all depends on how I’m doing the session. If it’s a one-on-one session I normally set my space by playing music and setting my intentions. Then I take a seat with my crystals. One hand holds clear quartz, the other holds rose quartz. Sometimes I only use one crystal. If I have a picture I look at it, but I always have an intention and/or a name. Reiki flows until the session is over. Sometimes I place the crystals on the picture (or name) and place my hand and over that. Sometimes I create a grid over the picture (or name or intention) and then place my hands over it all for the time. What goes in the grid other than clear and rose quartz always depends on what the client is wishing help with.
If I’m doing a group distant session I have a crystal grid set up that I sit with daily for the allotted time. Sometimes I ::cough::throw::cough:: a few crystals in my Reiki box and sit with it. Other times I hold a crystal to my heart chakra and beam the computer or tv (for world events and such).
When I’m done with the session I use the selenite like a sword to cut the ties between myself and who I was sending to. Selenite is excellent with clearing energy so I also use it with Reiki to clear my space before and after a session. On occasions I will use selenite instead of quartz, but not often. If I feel like I need an emotional buffer because the other person/event is too intense then I’ll use selenite as loving protection.
How to create a distant Reiki crystal toolbox that works for you
- Start with what you have. If all you have is clear quartz try it out and see how it works for you. If you are not getting the results you are looking for, or you want to spice things up add another crystal.
- Add another crystal following these instructions: The absolutely best way to choose your crystals. Basically, go with your gut.
- Test each new crystal by using it with your distant Reiki and see which one(s) work best for you and what you are looking for.
- If it does what you want add it to the toolbox, if you don’t get the results you want keep looking.
How to use the crystals in your distant Reiki crystal toolbox
Now that you have the crystals you want to use during distant Reiki how do you use your toolbox? However you want! But here are some suggestions:
- Hold a crystal to your heart chakra as you send Reiki.
- Simply sit with the crystal as you send.
- Hold crystals in each hand as you send.
- Hold a crystal in only one hand.
- Put a crystal on your head or third eye.
- Wear crystal jewelry as you send Reiki.
- Crystal grid/layout
- Place a crystal on top of a picture of the person/animal/place/name/etc.
- Crystal elixir (make it then send it to the person to use it).