Cho Ku Rei: Power Symbol
Cho Ku Rei (CKR) Sounds like: cho koo ray …cho like choke, Ku like coo coo clock, Rei like ray of sun.
Cho Ku Rei has lots of other names that helps describe what it “does”. The Power Symbol. The Focus Symbol. Symbol of Protection. The Light Switch.
Timeout: “Does” is in parentheses because the symbols have only as much power as you give them. If you feel you have to have the symbols to do certain things with Reiki you’re giving your power away to symbols. The symbols are good for focus and visualizing, though. And they are fun to play with to get the feel for the energy they represent. Now back to the post 😉
CKR is the first of the Reiki symbols. It is used to increase the power of Reiki and to focus on a specific location. It is used to “place the power here”. This symbol can be used to clear the energy of a room, crystals, charge food and water, and more. It can also be used as energetic protection. This symbol is good to use with affirmations and mantras.
Fun Ways to Use Cho Ku Rei Reiki Power Symbol in your Reiki Practice
- Start a session by drawing CKR on your palms to help you get into the right mind frame. Of course start out with gassho too 😉
- At the end of a session draw CKR on your feet and say: May I always walk in my power. For clients: May you always walk in your power.
- Draw CKR above yourself and visualize little CKRs raining down on you going exactly where you need them the most.
- Draw a giant CKR and jump through it to clear and energize yourself. Perfect for when you need an energy pick me up.
- Draw or visualize CKR on each chakra while meditating. Imagine that CKR is clearing, balancing, and energizing your chakras.
- Anytime you have an ouchie draw CKR on it to help it heal faster.
- For space clearing, draw CKR on each wall, door, window, the ceiling, and the floor. Visualize CKR expanding throughout the room and clearing the energy. Do as often as you feel is needed.
- To charge crystals, hold your clean and cleared crystal in your hand. Draw CKR over it and visualize the symbol going into the crystal to charge it with Reiki energy.
- Draw CKR on a sticky note and put it where you need spot healing and can’t reach. Like on your back!
- Super power your affirmations with CKR! Write out any affirmations or mantras you’re working with. Then draw CKR with a writing utensil or just use your finger and draw CKR every time you work with your affirmations.
- Draw or visualize CKR over your food before eating. Draw CKR on your cup. Ask that you only consume what is for your highest and greatest good.
- Feeling a little wigged out? Draw CKR above you and visualize it going down your body making a protective shield.
- Meditate on the energy of CKR instead of visualizing or drawing it call in the energy and see how that feels.