Today’s technique is breathing Sei Hei Ki to clear your energy. Why do you want to clear your energy? So that you’re functioning at your highest potential. So that whatever is bothering you is sent out of your system. So that you can get on with your day. This is best to use at the start of the day and/or when you get in a bad mood and/or just feel like you need it. Use it as often as you need.
You may be familiar with the three-fold breath. Inhale 3 counts, hold 3 counts, exhale 3 counts. This is the same idea, and something you can add to yesterday’s exercise 😉 How is this different than regular deep breathing? You’re going to be drawing in Sei Hei Ki as you do it.
Breathing Sei Hei Ki To Clear Your Energy
I always like to start in gassho. I take a deep breath, hold it for a couple of seconds, then exhale everything before starting with breathing Sei Hei Ki. This helps get me in the right mind frame.
Then I visualize Sei Hei Ki in front of me. I walk through it so that it surrounds me.
Inhale through the nose for three counts, imagining that Sei Hei Ki is going inside of my body and filling me up from head to toe. Then hold for the count of three imagining that Sei Hei Ki is purifying and clearing anything that needs to be released. Then exhale forcefully through the mouth for three counts visualizing that anything that is not for my highest good is sent out and grounded into the earth.
Breathing Sei Hei Ki Tips
- Belly breathing. If you don’t know how: put your hand on your stomach and breathe to make your stomach rise, not your shoulders or chest. This can also be called diaphragm breathing.
- When breathing instead of counting 1-2-3 say Sei-Hei-Ki
- Visualize the energy of Sei Hei Ki actually coming into your body through your nose or top of the head or your heart. Decide what color you want to make it, does it sparkle? How does it feel? Like a wave? Like a gentle breeze? Imagine alllll of that coming in and clearing you out.
- Actually feel the gunk you’re getting rid of leaving your body. Move your arms like you’re flinging it out of your body. Dance it out. Make this an active instead of passive meditation.
- Stomp your feet at the end to physically disconnect yourself from everything you’re getting rid of.
I use this technique whenever I get annoyed with something…or someone, including myself. Or when I need to center and ground. It’s good for lots of things, try it with different intentions and see what happens!
Have you tried breathing Sei Hei Ki to clear your energy? What techniques have you used?
P.S. Looking for a meditation to help you with Sei Hei Ki? I’ve got a Reiki Meditation Bundle with a guided meditation that helps you use Sei Hei Ki to clear mind chatter. Check the bundle out here. It’s only $25 USD.